Grammar 6 Teacher’s Book
Designed to accompany the Grammar 6 Pupil Book, the Grammar 6 Teacher’s Book provides detailed lesson plans for teaching spelling and grammar to children in the 7th year of Jolly Phonics. Children are able to work through the Pupil Book and complete a variety of activities which develop key spelling and grammar skills. The teacher is able to support and guide the children through the book with the lesson plans provided in the Grammar 6 Teacher’s Book.
Grammar 6 Teacher’s Book follows on from Grammar 5 Teacher’s Book, providing daily structured lesson plans, which correspond to the daily activities in the Pupil Book. The book contains 36 spelling and 36 grammar lessons covering the following areas:
- Revision of elements covered in The Grammar 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Pupil Books
- Prefixes & suffixes and in particular numerical
- New spelling patterns/rules: ough
- Silent letters: bt, te, th
- Schwas -ity & -ety
- More alternatives: they, great, ballet, fete, straight for /ai/
- New parts of speech: for example, countable and uncountable nouns, gerunds and modal verbs and imperatives
- Further punctuation: using semi colons and colons or using a comma after a fronted adverbial
- Developing a greater understanding of sentence structure and learning to recognise indirect objects, subject complements and passive agents
- Definite and indefinite articles
- Introducing children to literary devices such as alliteration, idioms and distinguishing between formal and informal writing
There are no reviews yet.