Manual Pack 3 includes:
Focusing on predominantly Second / Third Class
1. Number, Pattern and Calculating 3 Teaching Guide i.e. the 240+ page spiral bound guide that contains the dirst 32 units of work in the Numicon programme.
2. The Implementation Guide: this is 64 pages covering the pedagogy, approaches and methodologies of the Numicon programme.
3. Tthe 3 X Explorer Progess 3A, 3B and 3C Workbooks. The three workbooks provide investigation tasks for the pupils. The units of work in the manual clearly identify the pages in each workbook that match each unit.
Main Features of Numicon:
- Numicon is research-based and proven to have a significant and lasting impact on results.
- The Numicon Number, Pattern and Calculating 1 Teaching Pack comprises a Teaching Resource Handbook and an Implementation Guide, providing the core materials you need to start teaching children in predominantly Second / Third Class
- The Teaching Resource Handbook provides step-by-step activities for developing children’s understanding of pattern, algebra, number and calculating.
- Accompanied with editable planning and printable photocopy masters, you can personalise to suit the needs of your children.
- The Implementation Guide offers guidance on what Numicon is and advice on how best to implementNumicon in your school.
- The suite of 3 workbooks have support activities that are task based using manipulatives or pencil and paper.
- Activities in the Teaching Resource Handbook have been extensively trialled with teachers and children; all activity groups come from real classroom experience.
- ‘Low threshold, high ceiling’ activities allow you to differentiate for every child in your class through the same activity group.
- Activities are supported by easy to follow instructions and clear illustrations. A list of the concrete objects used to support learning are provided at the start of each activity.